Paying Your Rent

Paying Your Rent

HomeInformation › Financial information

Making Rent Payments

The rent charge is applied calendar monthly in advance on the 29th of each month, for example April rent is applied on 29th March.

It is very important that you prioritise paying your rent on time. There are a lot of ways you can make regular or one-off payments.

Direct Debit

You can pay by Direct Debit, please contact your housing officer who will assist in setting this up.  We do all the paperwork for you through our collection agent Allpay.

Standing Order Payments

If you wish you can make rent payments direct from your bank account. You have complete control of how much you pay and on what date. Simply contact a member of staff at the Association who will issue a standing order form which you complete instructing your bank of how much you want to pay.

Rent Payment Card

This is FREE of charge to Shire Housing tenants. The Association uses a collection agent called for the processing of rent payments. There are several ways you can make a rental payment.

Internet payments can be made via our payment partner website

Payments can be made from your mobile phone or tablet using the AllPay app which can be downloaded from the Google Play store (Android) or the Apple App Store (iOS)


You can call the 24 hour payment line on 0330 0416497

The rent payment card can be used at Post Office and Pay Point outlets

You can make a telephone payment by calling us during office hours on 01290 421130 where staff will process your payment which can be made by either debit or credit card.

Payments will be credited to your rent account the following working day. For example if you pay at the Post Office on Friday afternoon, the payment will be processed to your rent account the following Monday. Please retain your receipt as proof of payment, as you will need to provide this to the Association in the event of a query.

All new tenants are automatically issued with a rent payment card. If you require a replacement card please contact your Housing Officer.

Rent Queries/Concerns

If you have a query on how to pay your rent or have any concerns on being able to meet your rent commitments please do not hesitate in contacting your Housing Officer who will assist you.

Other agencies who may be able to help are:

  • CAB – Citizens Advice Bureau Telephone: 0131 550 1000
  • Housing Benefit – East Ayrshire Council Telephone: 01563 554400
  • East Ayrshire – In Court Advice Service Telephone: 01563 549367
  • Universal Credit Online:
  • Universal Credit and Housing Costs – Contact your Housing Officer at Shire Housing immediately who will assist you with your claim. Telephone 01290 421130.

Request Information

    By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.
    View our Privacy Policy for more details.