Care & Repair
Care and repair is a free and confidential client orientated service available to home owners over 60 or registered disabled. Private tenants may also qualify (when not the responsibility of a landlord).
Care and repair offers advice and assistance to maintain or repair the home in order that people can live in comfort in their own community.
Care and repair now offers:
- Advice and assistance
- Small repairs
- Home safety security
- A new service: Preventative repairs
The service provides advice, or on invitation our officers will carry out home visits to discuss what works may be needed.
Following the visit we can help by:
- Organising small repairs
- Giving advice or assistance
- Organising surveys or drawings to be prepared if necessary
- Obtaining estimates from reliable contractors (from our own approved contractors list)
- Providing financial assistance for preventative works should they meet the criteria (subject to financial assessment)
- Identifying and organising for home safety and security measures
- Referral to other agencies who may be able to assist
To arrange a visit or further information please contact the Association on 01290 428011 or 01290 428013. Alternatively you can contact us by letter, email or using the ‘contact us’ on this site.