Care & Repair
Care and repair is a free and confidential client orientated service available to home owners over 60 or registered disabled. Private tenants may also qualify (when not the responsibility of a landlord).
Care and repair offers advice and assistance to maintain or repair the home in order that people can live in comfort in their own community.
Care and repair now offers:
- Advice and assistance
- Small repairs
- Home safety security
- Small/medium adaptations on referral
The service provides advice, or on invitation our officers will carry out home visits to discuss what works may be needed.
Following the visit we can help by:
- Organising small repairs
- Giving advice or assistance
- Organising surveys or drawings to be prepared if necessary
- Obtaining estimates from reliable contractors (from our own approved contractors list)
- Identifying and organising for home safety and security measures
- Referral to other agencies who may be able to assist
To arrange a visit or further information please contact the Association on 01290 428001. Alternatively you can contact us by letter, email or using the ‘contact us’ on this site.