All of the Associations tenants are Scottish Secure tenants. The tenancy agreement is a legally binding document that sets out the rights and responsibilities of tenants and Shire Housing as the landlord.
The following list is a summary of the main areas covered by the tenancy agreement.
- The rental for the property (at the time of signing the agreement)
- The names of the tenant(s)
- Conditions relating to the use of the property
- Conditions relating to anti social behaviour
- Tenants and occupiers rights about who can take on the tenancy eg succession, assignation and transfer as well as exchange of properties
- Rights and responsibilities for repairs (both for landlord and tenant)
- Information on ending the tenancy
There are also sections covering the tenants right to compensation and to consultation as well as information on complaints and how we will deal with them. For more information on tenancy matters please contact the Association.
You can download a copy of the Scottish Secure Tenancy Agreement here