Shire Housing Association celebrated a year of change and progress at its recent 20th anniversary AGM. In her address Chairperson Janet Allan highlighted the significant progress made in 2016/17 in delivering the Association’s Vision of Great Homes, Great People and Vibrant Communities including:
- Continued strong governance reflected in the Scottish Housing Regulator’s decision to reduce its level of engagement to low with the Association;
- Asset Management Improvements including the completion of an Option Appraisal for Westgate House in Newmilns;
- Stronger Tenant Engagement through the Tenant Scrutiny and Armchair Panels;
- Performance Improvements, particularly reduced void rental loss; and
- Increased Partnership Working including local schools through the Ayrshire Chamber of Commerce Developing Young Work Force Initiative.
Janet stated: “There have been a lot of positive changes at Shire Housing Association over the last year to ensure we are in a strong position to meet our future challenges, and will we continue this in 2017/18”.
The Association also bid a fond farewell to long serving Board Member Grace Nichol who stood down from the Management Board after 20 years of service, with the occasion marked by a presentation at the AGM. Janet Allan stated: “I want to thank Grace for 20 years of fantastic service to the Association”.
Five new Board Members were elected at the AGM, whilst Zoe Forster and Grace stepped down from the Management Board.
The AGM also marked the formal launch of the Association’s new logo and website done in partnership with local company CREO Design.